What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Assessment presents the requirements of a management system that allows an organization to control risks related to health and safety and to improve management performance. Standard provides assistance for a variety of issues: minimizing risk to employees and other persons; improvement of management system, demonstrating concern or increased safety.
Who is eligible to implement a system of management of occupational health and safety?
ISO 45001:2018 is applicable to all organizations, regardless of size, industry or nature of business.
ISO 45001:2018 enables organizations to put in place an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system. This will help them manage their OH&S risks and improve their OH&S performance by developing and implementing effective policies and objectives.
The advantages of implementation ISO 45001:2018
- Creating a single and coherent framework for eliminating hazards and risks related to work.
- Identifying hazards and assessing occupational risk.
- Effective control of risk factors for injury and / or occupational illness.
- Improvement of working conditions for employees.
- The implementation of measures to ensure the continuous improvement of the system.
- Creating a working system with lower risks of injury and / or occupational illness.
- Obtaining better performance from employees.
- Improving communication with and between the employees.
- Improving the working environment and human relations at work.
- Staff awareness about the value paid by the organization its human capital.
- Staff loyalty by increasing confidence granted.
Myths about ISO 45001
- The only source of employee motivation is salary;
- Noneconomic motivation is inefficient;
- It is too late to change something in your career;
- Without careful supervision, most employees will try to escape with as little work;
- Make multiple tasks simultaneously is the most effective work;
- Fear is an excellent motivator;
- Increased job satisfaction means increased performance;
- The salary must be based on seniority;
- Employer knows from the beginning all the risks in the workplace.
For more information, please fill out the form below